At PiN Ministry, our focus is to help the homeless of Hampton Roads transform their lives by meeting them where they are. PiN provides services for people experiencing homelessness in Virginia Beach. Those services include food, clothing, showers, laundry services.
Overview of position:
Reporting directly to the Executive Director, this position will include a variety of duties which include facilitating day support services for the homeless in helping them with clothing, clean showers, and prepared food. Setup/cleanup facility for daily services. Worker will also work with homeless clients to get benefits like SNAP, Medicaid, and other services necessary to help people experiencing homelessness.
The successful candidate must have the following qualifications, knowledge, skills, and abilities:
– High school diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s degree in Human Services or Social Work preferred.
– Prior experience working in the Human Services field is helpful.
– Able to work and engage with a diverse populations and knowledge of at-risk populations.
– Ability to communicate effectively and accurately in writing and verbally.
– Skilled in conflict de-escalation.
– Must have the ability to lift at least 50 pounds, climb stairs or ladders, stoop, bend, crouch, sit at the computer for long periods, drive agency vehicles, and handle food items.
– Valid driver’s license with no more than three minor driving violations and/or accidents combined within the last three years, and no major moving violations in the past five years.
– Must be able to work evenings, over-nights, weekends, and holidays.
– Candidates who bring diversity to our team are encouraged to apply.
Salary range for this position is $15.00-$17.00 per hour. Compensation commensurate with experience.
Please no phone calls or faxes. Recruitment will continue until position is filled. PiN Ministry is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 – $17.00 per hour
Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Driver’s License (Required)
Apply today at Indeed.com or send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.